Fresh, Fresh vegetables, root vegetables
Colocasia\ Chamagadda 500 grams
About the Product
- A stuffy, fleshy underground root, Colocasia is also called ‘Taro Root’.
- It is oval/globular in shape with a hairy coating on its skin and whitish yellow flesh.
- Colocasias are rich in carbohydrates and dietary fiber.
- They contain high levels of vitamin A, C, E, vitamin B6, and folate and regulate blood glucose levels, blood pressure, hypertension, and prevent cell damage.
- They are especially beneficial in treating cancers of lungs and oral cavity.
- They also help in protecting from cold and flu and aid in skin rashes and nausea.
Storage and Uses
- Store it in a cool, dark and well ventilated place. Refrigeration makes it take longer to cook.
- While consuming, the outer skin is always taken away first. It is never eaten raw.
Category: Vegetables Tags: Fresh, fresh vegetables, root vegetables
There are no reviews yet.