|Principle||Nutrient Value||% of RDA|
|Total Fat||0.12 g||0.5%|
|Dietary Fiber||3.10 g||8%|
|Pantothenic acid||0.048 mg||1%|
|Vitamin A||23 IU||1%|
|Vitamin C||4.2 mg||7%|
|Vitamin E||0.12 mg||1%|
|Vitamin K||4.5 µg||4%|
Fresh Pears – 4 pcs -350- 500 grams
Pears are Sweet, delicious and rich flavored pears offer crunchiness of apples yet juicy as peach and nectarine
- Pears fruit is packed with health-benefiting nutrients such as dietary fiber, antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, which are necessary for optimum health. Total measured antioxidant strength (ORAC value) in pears is 2941 µmol TE/100 g.
- Pears are a good source of dietary fiber. 100 g fruit provides 3.1 g or 8% of fiber per 100 g. Regular eating of this fruit may offer protection against colon cancer. Most of the fiber in them is a non-soluble polysaccharide (NSP), which functions as a good bulk laxative in the gut.
- Additionally, its gritty fiber content binds to cancer-causing toxins and chemicals in the colon, protecting its mucosa from contact with these compounds.
- Also, pear fruit is one of the very low-calorie fruits; provides just 58 calories per 100g. A low calorie but high fiber diet may help bring a significant reduction in body weight, and blood LDL cholesterol levels.
- They contain good quantities of vitamin-C. Fresh fruits provide about 7% of RDA per 100 g of this vitamin.
- They are a modest sources of antioxidant flavonoid phytonutrients such as β-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin. These compounds, along with vitamin C and A, help the body protected from harmful free radicals.
- The fruit is a good source of minerals such as copper, iron, potassium, manganese and magnesium as well as B-complex vitamins such as folates, riboflavin and pyridoxine (vitamin B 6).
- Although not well documented, pears are among the least allergenic of all the fruits. For the same reason, they often recommended by health practitioners as a safe alternative in the preparation of food products in allergic persons.
Pears have been suggested in various traditional medicines in the treatment of colitis, chronic gallbladder disorders, arthritis, and gout.
Categories: Fruits, Low Phosphorus fruits & Vegetables, Low Potassium Fruits and Vegetables Tags: Fresh, Fresh fruits, fruits, Pears
There are no reviews yet.